Aeropassion's homepage
Aeropassion's parteners :
Posted by vulcom1 
Hobby cnc pro 4 axis
June 06, 2007 11:56PM
I purchased and made the newer Hobby CNC Pro board which does not have the timer on board. I have it running with the win98.dll if anybody has the same board it can be used with Jedicut. My problem is in the setup screen and don't know how to figure out the steps or speeds. I have played with the settings but the speeds seem to slow. I am using Hobbycnc 84 oz. 1.8 deg stepper motors(200 steps per inch). My leadscrews are 3/8 inch by 16 TPI and everything works but the settings are off. I would appreciate help with this section as I am not very converse with the metric side. Getting to old and the years are on the downhill slide.
I was using Foamworks as a trial but it lacks on some cut setups and the other problem was the error messages. I would like to use Jedicut if I can sort out my problems.
Thanks, John
Re: Hobby cnc pro 4 axis
June 07, 2007 10:27AM
Hi !

Each motor needs 3 parameters. The first is step ratio (mm/step). If you can't calculate it, you can try an other solution. Put 1 mm/step in the configuration form, and with manual control, do 100mm. Measure the distance on your table (in inch) and you'll obtain a value that we called "Y". Calculate Y/100, and you'll obtain the correct step ratio. Repeat it for each motor and it's done.

After that, you don't need to convert inch to millemeters. In Jedicut the printed unit is "mm" but if you do what I try to describe and measure distance in inch, you will be able to work directly in inch with Jedicut.

To configure the speed, it's a little bit different. Your board doesn't have external timer. Your speed will be control by your computer. You say that the speed is slow. Try to divide the values by 100. After few tests, you'll be ready to cut wings winking smiley

Jerome
June 07, 2007 04:33PM
Jerome,
Thanks for the info and will play with the settings. The PC that I have the program on is a P3/550 and maybe this is where my problem is for speed. If I purchase from Dave(Hobbycnc) the add on timer board and heat control would that correct the problem? I was hoping I would not need it as I am trying to make the machine a dual setup with a mill/drill. If needed for speed then I will go back to the drawing board to see how I can disable it when I use the mill. I have added the db25 type connectors on the rear of the case for changing machines. I also have to work on how to change the output (vref) for the steppers from the outside of the case.
Thanks for the reply,
John
June 07, 2007 06:05PM
Hi !
I think it's just a settings problem because Jedicut works very well on old Pentium 100MHz. When you increase speed value in Jedicut, you decrease motor speed.

Jerome
June 07, 2007 06:57PM
Jerome,
I have been playing with the settings and have the nb/mm set at .0078 which is very close. The problem with speed I can not seem to set. While getting the other setting I kept changing the speed. Went from some high numbers down to 50. Thought there was something wrong so I took all the numbers out. Now I get an error in French but I believe it is because there are no entry's. When I do a manual move with no numbers the machine still works. If I checkmark the smooth box it cuts the speed to about half. Do you have any ideas why my speed will operate without any entry's.
Thanks for the fast response.
John
June 11, 2007 12:22PM
Hello,

You have to set up speed value. If you don't have an external timer, It's not normal to succeed in testing your board with 50 in speed value. I think you have other problems. Can you post your Jedicut.ini file content ? Do you try other dll in Jedicut ?

Jerome
June 11, 2007 06:52PM
Jerome,
I copied the ini file from my PC in the shop but can not figure how to get it on this page. I am using WIN 98 SE as I havn't upgraded. My programs run fine and my outlook is if it is running okay leave it alone. The shop PC is running Jedicut which is completely separate. If you can explain how to put the file from disc on here that would help.
Also I am thinking about purchasing the timer/heat add on from Dave at Hobby CNC as that will probably fix the problem with this program. Then my problem will be how to disconnect the timer for the other setups that I want to run.
Thanks, John
June 12, 2007 12:13PM
Hi,

I think it's not necessary to add a timer. I think it's a configuration problem or a dll problem. I don't know your cnc foam cutting board but do you know how the pc have to send signal on parallel port ?

Open your Jedicut.ini file with notepad, and copy/paste the text in a new message.

Jerome
June 13, 2007 01:07AM
Jerome,
Your English is a lot better than my French. I for one appreciate the help you give.
It took a bit of fooling around and I still do not know how I did it but this is the ini file off the machine. It works but to slow for cutting. Would appreciate you checking it for me.
Thanks, John

[General]
;
; Cycle de découpe par Défaut
; CycleDecoupeAile=nombre de phase:type:valeur:lissage:vitesse:qualification:
; Exemple avec une horizontale et une verticale de 10 et 20 avec lissage vitesse découpe, déplacement compté

CycleDecoupeAile=13:1:10:false:1:0:1:false:4:2000:false:0:0:0:false:0:10:false:0:1:0:false:2:0:false:0:1:36:false:0:10:false:0:1:0:false:1:10:false:0:1:2:false:0:10:false:1:2:36:false:1:10:false:1:2:36:false:0:10:false:0:1:0:false:3:0:false:0:1:36:false:0:10:false:0:1:0:false:1:10:false:0:1:2:false:0:10:false:1:2:0:false:

CycleDecoupeFuselage=12:1:50:false:1:0:1:4:2000:false:0:0:0:0:10:false:0:1:0:6:0:false:0:1:0:0:10:false:0:1:0:1:60:false:0:1:2:0:10:false:1:2:0:1:10:false:1:2:0:0:10:false:0:1:0:7:0:false:0:1:0:0:10:false:0:1:0:1:60:false:0:1:2:

; DllCommunication=Dll choisie par l'utilisateur
DllCommunication=CncNet98.dll

; Etat du Panel de Déplacement (1-non, 0-oui)
PDeplacement=1

; Langue de l'interface (=au nom du fichier xml sans son extension)
Langue=English

; Configuration des dernières opérations utilisateur sur le panneau de contrôle
UtilisateurCheckDependance=1
UtilisateurCheckGuillotine=0
UtilisateurCheckLissage=1
UtilisateurCheckChauffe=0
UtilisateurCheckMateriau=0
UtilisateurNumMateriau=0
UtilisateurPourcentageChauffe=50

; FirstLoad=1 si c'est le premier lancement de Jedicut
FirstLoad=0

; Numéro de la version courante de Jedicut
JedicutVersion=2.1.7 build 0

;[MoteurXX]
;coeffPas=Nombre de mm effectués par pas du moteur
;inverserSens
; 0 : Sens Normal
; 1 : Sens Inverser
;vitesseDecoupe
;vitesseRapide
;bitHorloge=Bit d'Horloge
;bitSens=Bit de Sens

[MoteurX1]
coeffPas=0.0078
vitesseDecoupe=50
vitesseRapide=50
bitHorloge=1
bitSens=0
inverserSens=0

[MoteurX2]
coeffPas=0.0078
vitesseDecoupe=50
vitesseRapide=50
bitHorloge=5
bitSens=4
inverserSens=0

[MoteurY1]
coeffPas=0.0078
vitesseDecoupe=4
vitesseRapide=6
bitHorloge=3
bitSens=2
inverserSens=1

[MoteurY2]
coeffPas=0.0078
vitesseDecoupe=4
vitesseRapide=6
bitHorloge=7
bitSens=6
inverserSens=1

[Chauffe]

; Activer / Désactiver le contrôle de la chauffe (0-non, 1-oui)
ActiverChauffe=0

; Lire le mode de gestion de la chauffe sur le port // (0-non, 1-oui)
LireModeChauffe=1

; Liste des materiaux
; ListeMateriaux=nb materiau de la liste:materiau1:valeurChauffe1:materiau2:valeurchauffe2
ListeMateriaux=1:1:30:

; Liste des bits nécesaires à la gestion de la chauffe
BitHorlogeExterne=16
BitModeChauffe=15
BitSortieChauffe=22
BitEntreeChauffe=-1
BitAlimentationMoteur=23

; Synchroniser / Ne pas synchroniser les moteurs avec le timer externe
SynchroniserMoteurAvecTimerExterne=1

; Frequence Timer saisie par l'utilisateur si la machine en possède un et si la syncho est activée
FrequenceTimer=10
June 13, 2007 05:07PM
Jerome,
I was playing with the settings and I noticed when I copied the ini file that I had the external clock turned on. This was a mistake as it won't work but I was trying every setting. My board does not have the clock. Everything else is the same. Sorry for the mistake but I still am to slow.
Awaiting for your reply.
Thanks, John
June 13, 2007 05:27PM
Hi !

with your configuration, and without external timer, your motors won't turn, it's amazing. Are you sure that you don't have external timer ??

First, uncheck "Synchronize with external timer" and uncheck all heat control option in Jedicut configuration form. In second, set speed value like 1000000. Your motors will turn, right ?

You say that your motors runs too slowly. But with 0.0078 in coefficient, it's normal. Are your sure that it's correct ? To do a 10mm distance, Jedicut have to send 10/0.0078=1282 steps !!! I think this value is incorrect... Can you confirm this ?

Jerome
June 14, 2007 03:56AM
Jerome,
Will change the settings and let you know. There is no external timer and I mentioned the mistake.
John
June 14, 2007 04:24AM
Jerome,
I set the speeds to 1000000 with .0078 and my running time for 50 mm is 33 sec. I have gone higher and lower changing the 0's and it is still around the same time. With .0078 it gives me the right dimensions on movement but the speed will not change.
I think now that maybe I should erase the program completely and start over. Is there any files that stay after unloading that could cause me any problems when trying to re install.
Thanks, John
June 14, 2007 09:45AM
Hi,

Erase the program won't solve the problem because Jedicut use only Jedicut.ini file. If you want to uninstall Jedicut, delete its folder and it's done.

Do you try 10000 speed value ? And 100000 ? You have to see your motors run slower don't you ?
Are you sure that Hobby CNC PRO 4 axis need signal like MM2001 ? Do you try to select MaxCom.dll in Jedicut ?

If you set up a speed value like "10", you should see your motor lose step...

Jerome
June 14, 2007 08:26PM
Jerome,
I have been operating and have these settings for setup. I am using visualcnc.dll with cutting speed at 12000 and fast speed 20000. The sound of the steppers is a lot smoother arond these settings.
Thanks, John
June 15, 2007 03:43PM
Hi,
Are you saying that now you can cut without speed problem ?

Jerome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2007 03:44PM by Jerome.
June 16, 2007 04:54PM
Jerome,
Manual moves everything is smooth. Not fast but smooth movement. When I go to cut it skips and misses a lot of steps no matter what settings I use.
I ordered the external timer from Dave (Hobbycnc) so will try that when I get it. I loaded Foamworks and it runs with okay with that program. I am a little frustrated at the moment.
John
June 18, 2007 01:58PM
Hi,

Do you try MaxCom.dll ? To control a new board, I have to know one important thing : What rules I have to follow to program a good communication with your board ? (what signal, when, how long...)

Jerome
Dave Register
July 10, 2007 02:11AM
Yes, exactly the same problem. Not sure it's the identical board but....

HobbyCNC 4AUPC Rev 2 board (no onboard timer or heat control).
84 in-oz steppers
3/8-16 all-thread drive

Solution:
The speed is a large number but a narrow range.
mm/step = 0.00397 (for correct movement in mm)
Speed = 1,700,000 (slow) 1,200,000 (fast)
These values will move the towers at ~ 3.5mm/sec and 5mm/sec respectively. Adjust as needed.
Outside of this range, the steppers will respond very slowly and do not appear to change speed as the speed settings are changed. I presume the motors are skipping many steps.
When 'Smooth' is used, the speed is cut in half.

The ValueCNC_XP file does NOT give satisfactory results with this configuration. However, the MaxCon_XP file appears to work fine. Won't run at all if the 'External Timer' box is checked. Pin setup is as per the instructions with Dave Rigotti's assembly instructions.

Hope that helps a little.

- Dave R
doron
November 18, 2007 05:45AM
what DLL do I need to use with the HobbyCNC with heat controll on windows XP ?
November 19, 2007 01:15PM
Hi,

Try CncNet_XP.dll winking smiley

Jerome
Uttam
May 17, 2009 02:24PM
Hi Jerome,

Nice software! I have a couple of problems though. Mines a HobbyCNC 4 axis Foam pro board, with heat control and 8Khz timer, Windows XP. I have sync with timer on.

1) I cant get the motors to work with CncNet_XP.dll, it seems to work fine with Maxcon_XP.
2) I don't have heat control! All controls in the heater section are grayed.

-Thanks,
Uttam
May 17, 2009 07:40PM
Hello,

You board has to work with CncNet_XP.dll. MaxCom isn't compatible with heanting control.

Do you check "synchronize with external timer" ?

Enter speed value like 5 or 10.

Jerome
Uttam
May 18, 2009 05:57AM
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have checked sync with ext timer. When you mean speed value of 5 or 10, do you mean 50000, and 100000? What units is the speed value in?

-Thanks
Uttam
May 18, 2009 07:48AM
Hi,

If you check this option, you have to configure 4, 5 or 10 in speed value. There isn't units, because Jedicut is compatible with many kind of CNC board...

Jerome
May 19, 2009 02:29PM
Hi Jerome,

Thanks, got it working smiling smiley

-Best
Uttam
Marcio
March 10, 2010 03:10PM
Hi,

I have the same board, hobby CNC PRO 4 axis, no timer, no temperature control. I've got it working with the following setup:

DLL: maxcom_XP.dll
speed: 700 slow - 500 fast ==> with this setup I have 10mm in 2,6 seconds with fast speed - I think I can go even faster decreasing those values.
Timer options is disabled
The board is configured for 1/4 microsteping, with this setup my machine has 0,00135mm / step.

I hope it helps to solve the problem.

regards, Marcio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Aeropassion

Paris en photo | Design by Le Flaketou, création de site internet

Phorum