Aeropassion's homepage
Aeropassion's parteners :
Posted by robert_m_1938 
Jedicut "VS" GMFC
June 08, 2007 07:22PM
Hi, Jerome!
I see that many people ( me too) have a problem with basic configuration in Jedicut. You probably know also GMFC- software very god.
If I have in GMFC "Table configuration" for instance: 100 Step/revolution, leadscrew M-6 ( screw thread 1 mm), and a min. time between steps 1,5 ms, I will get max. speed: 6,666 mm/ sec. This is simple and OK for me.
My question is: Which numbers, and where must I putt in Jedicut to get the same speed? All 4 motors and leadscrews are equal.
My interface is MM2001 ( with currant-limiters for the motors), but this does not matter.
I hope, this can also bee helpful for "vulcom1" ( John), and others.
Thanks and regards Robert
Re: Jedicut "VS" GMFC
June 11, 2007 11:05AM
Hi !

Your problem is different of robert's problem. Jedicut is able to control different cnc foam cutting board, which have external timer or not. You have a MM2001, so you can use its external timer. Robert can't because his board don't have external timer. His speed configuration is a little bit more complex to configure, but it's not difficult.

Do you use the last version of Jedicut ? In this last version, in Jedicut configuration form, I had a new field where you can enter manualy your timer frequency. With an external timer, the speed setting indicate the number of timer's pulse that Jedicut have to wait between two steps. When it's done, you can see a speed estimation in millimeter per second, near speed field.

Jedicut can control lots type of motors. So you can enter different setting for each motor. In your case, you juste have to enter the same settings. In Jedicut you have to set up 2 speeds : a cut speed, and a fast speed.

Jerome
Robert Mandic
June 11, 2007 06:52PM
Hi, Jerome!
Something in Your reply is not clear to me. First, I am Robert, and I use in all my foam cutters the interfaces MM2001, and GMFC-PRO.
Now, I would like to try also to drive one cutter with Jedicut.
MM2001 has an internal timer ( 2, 4 and 10 kHz). Can I use this timer for Jedicut, and how must I configure the whole software, to get the same cut speed, as with GMFC?
Regards Robert

My home page: http://free-os.t-com.hr/Robert_Mandic/
June 12, 2007 10:17AM
Hi !

You can find many informations in Jedicut help file or on this page http://www.aeropassion.net/jedicut/jedicut2-en-001.php .

In Jedicut configuration form, you can find 3 tabs corresponding to 3 frames. In one of the frames, check “synchronize with external timer”. In “Communication” frame, enter your timer frequency and go to the frame where you can set up your motors. Add the correct setting corresponding to your engine (look at mm/step) and enter speed like 5, 10 or 20. You should see a speed estimation according to your speed settings. And don't forget to choose a CnCNet dll.

Jedicut works very well with MM2001 board winking smiley

I’m sorry for my bad english…

Jerome
September 03, 2007 10:37AM
Hi, Gerome!
I have everything done as You have suggested, but without success.
Yesterday I have find out, that the numbers of pins for clock and direction are "up side down". That means: The numbers (pins) 8,4,6 and 2 should be for direction , and 9,5,7 and 3 for the clock. (Perhaps only for my interface MM2001)
When I have changed the numbers, everything was OK, with one exception: The currant for the wire heating oscillates around middle value. Why?
One more thing: I have in my PC the WIN-XP. I had to disable the printer, while it is also working using LPT1. After that everything works fine.
Best regards Robert
September 03, 2007 06:43PM
Hi, Jerome!
I have one more question for You: Why the cutting wire das not return to initial position after cutt. On the same foam cutter, but with GMFC, is everything OK. Am I doing something wrong, or is this usual by Your software?
Thanks for the explaining in advance.
Regards Robert
September 03, 2007 11:53PM
hi robert
download the file of cutting here :
http://cncalternative.aeropassion.net/index.php?post/2007/04/04/Les-debut-avec-JEDICUT
and makes a test

Marc
September 04, 2007 09:37AM
Hi, Marc!
The link is very useful. It would be more useful, if I would speak French. Anyway, thank You for the help. I will test the possibilities of "Jedicut" in the next days.
Regards Robert

My page: http://free-os.t-com.hr/Robert_Mandic/
September 04, 2007 10:18AM
Hi, robert
If the french language is a problem you can use a translatorwinking smiley as Babelfish :
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
enjoy jedicut!!!

Marc
September 04, 2007 05:00PM
Hi robert,

For your problem of start point when you finished a cut, look at your cycle of cut configuration. You can do all kind of cut with Jedicut winking smiley

Jerome
September 04, 2007 05:44PM
Hi, Jerome.
Thanks for a quick answer. Obviously is "Jedicut" full of secrets. I will try to discover them in the next days when I get some free time.
Best regards Robert
September 06, 2007 05:24PM
Hi, Jerome!
I still don´t know why the heating currant for the wire oscillates (irregulary), and also the LED for motors (on MM2001) blinckt occasionally when motors are running. Please help me!
Best regards Robert
September 07, 2007 09:38AM
Hi !
Can you visualize signals Jedicut sent to your parallel port ? I think your board works well with GMFC ? Can you post your Jedicut.ini file content ?

Jedicut works well with other MM2001 so I don't understand :/

Jerome
September 07, 2007 11:11AM
Hi, Jerome!
Here is my Jedicut.ini- file:
;
; Cycle de découpe par Défaut
; CycleDecoupeAile = nombre de phase:type:valeur:lissage:vitesse:qualification:
; Exemple avec une horizontale et une verticale de 10 et 20 avec lissage vitesse découpe, déplacement compté

CycleDecoupeAile=13:1:10:false:1:0:1:false:4:2000:false:0:0:0:false:0:10:false:0:1:0:false:2:0:false:0:1:36:false:0:10:false:0:1:0:false:1:10:false:0:1:2:false:0:10:false:1:2:36:false:1:10:false:1:2:36:false:0:10:false:0:1:0:false:3:0:false:0:1:36:false:0:10:false:0:1:0:false:1:10:false:0:1:2:false:0:10:false:1:2:0:false:

CycleDecoupeFuselage=12:1:50:false:1:0:1:4:2000:false:0:0:0:0:10:false:0:1:0:6:0:false:0:1:0:0:10:false:0:1:0:1:60:false:0:1:2:0:10:false:1:2:0:1:10:false:1:2:0:0:10:false:0:1:0:7:0:false:0:1:0:0:10:false:0:1:0:1:60:false:0:1:2:

; DllCommunication = Dll choisie par l'utilisateur
DllCommunication =CncNet_XP.dll

; Etat du Panel de Déplacement (1-non, 0-oui)
PDeplacement =1

; Langue de l'interface (= au nom du fichier xml sans son extension)
Langue=English

; Configuration des dernières opérations utilisateur sur le panneau de contrôle
UtilisateurCheckDependance=1
UtilisateurCheckGuillotine=0
UtilisateurCheckLissage=0
UtilisateurCheckChauffe=1
UtilisateurCheckMateriau=0
UtilisateurNumMateriau=0
UtilisateurPourcentageChauffe=50

; FirstLoad=1 si c'est le premier lancement de Jedicut
FirstLoad=0

; Numéro de la version courante de Jedicut
JedicutVersion=2.1.7 build 0

;[MoteurXX]
;coeffPas = Nombre de mm effectués par pas du moteur
;inverserSens
; 0 : Sens Normal
; 1 : Sens Inverser
;vitesseDecoupe
;vitesseRapide
;bitHorloge = Bit d'Horloge
;bitSens = Bit de Sens

[MoteurX1]
coeffPas=0,005
vitesseDecoupe=4
vitesseRapide=3
bitHorloge=7
bitSens=6
inverserSens=1

[MoteurX2]
coeffPas=0,005
vitesseDecoupe=4
vitesseRapide=3
bitHorloge=3
bitSens=2
inverserSens=1

[MoteurY1]
coeffPas=0,005
vitesseDecoupe=4
vitesseRapide=3
bitHorloge=5
bitSens=4
inverserSens=1

[MoteurY2]
coeffPas=0,005
vitesseDecoupe=4
vitesseRapide=3
bitHorloge=1
bitSens=0
inverserSens=1

[Chauffe]

; Activer / Désactiver le contrôle de la chauffe (0-non, 1-oui)
ActiverChauffe =1

; Lire le mode de gestion de la chauffe sur le port // (0-non, 1-oui)
LireModeChauffe =1

; Liste des materiaux
; ListeMateriaux = nb materiau de la liste:materiau1:valeurChauffe1:materiau2:valeurchauffe2
ListeMateriaux =1:1:70:

; Liste des bits nécesaires à la gestion de la chauffe
BitHorlogeExterne =16
BitModeChauffe =15
BitSortieChauffe =22
BitEntreeChauffe =-1
BitAlimentationMoteur =23

; Synchroniser / Ne pas synchroniser les moteurs avec le timer externe
SynchroniserMoteurAvecTimerExterne=1

; Frequence Timer saisie par l'utilisateur si la machine en possède un et si la syncho est activée
FrequenceTimer=3900

The timer frequency is really 3900 Hz ! ! ! !
I can visualise signals to the parallel port with my oscilloscope, but for this I need some more time.
One more thing: The sound from motors is with Jedicut more irregular than with GMFC.
By the way: I have build 11 interfaces MM2001, ( some of them with modifications) and they all work very well with GMFC.

Regards Robert
September 07, 2007 11:36AM
Do you try Jedicut on other computer and with other MM2001 boards ? I don't find something wrong in your Jedicut.ini file.

Do you try to desactivate other communication port on your computer like Ethernet port ? Maybe a process use too many ressource during the cut.

Jerome
September 10, 2007 12:31PM
Hi, Jerome!
I have tried Jedicut with another PC ( this time with WIN 98) and another MM2001, but all is the same.
Then I have examined the signals on the parallel port with an oscilloscope. All signals are on the right pins, but they are not calm. I think this is the reason for all my problems with Jedicut. (Also for the oscillating heating currant.) Have You any idea why this happens?
Regards Robert
vicente
September 11, 2007 05:45AM
Hi .
I ll like to know, Can I convert the CNC file to Dat.?
Thanks
September 11, 2007 09:15AM
Hi, Vicente!
As far as I know, You can´t convert CNC-files into DAT. CNC-files are finished projects ready to cutt.
Regards Robert
September 12, 2007 12:00PM
Hi,

I don't understand because many people use Jedicut with MM2001 board. I have another idea. I'll ask a Jedicut.ini file on the Jedicut french forum in order to compare with yours. I hope we'll find something wrong.

Jerome
September 12, 2007 01:45PM
Hi, Jerome!

OK, I can wait, but one more thing: If I disable the option "Synchronise engine rotation with external timer", I get the pulses for the motors only few seconds and after that- nothing. The "Cut in progress" is still running, but without pulses for the motors. Perhaps can this information also help You to discover my problem.
P.S. The "ON"-pulses for the motors are in "Jedicut" more wider than in GMFC, but I think this is not important.
Regards Robert
September 16, 2007 11:14AM
Hi robert,

On this thread I ask french Jedicut and MM2001 users to post their Jedicut.ini file. There are actually 2 answers, and it works.

I think that someting on your operating system is in conflict with Jedicut like another driver (GMFC driver ?).

I hope you'll find the solution.

PS : It's normal that the motor signal is a little bit different between Jedicut and GMFC.

Jerome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2007 11:18AM by Jerome.
September 19, 2007 05:26PM
Hi, Jerome!
Yesterday I have borrowed an old "empty" PC, with only WIN 98. I have downloaded "Jedicut" and everything was OK. Obviously, is in mine both PC`s, Jedicut in conflict with something. I have to find with what.
I have still noted, that in the same time when in the window "cut in progress" a new blue rectangle appears, the motors ( and heating currant) become one irregularly "impulse". Is that usual?
Regards Robert
September 21, 2007 05:56PM
Hi !

It's a good news ! When you see a blue rectangle, the processor usage will be equal to 100% and Jedicut can't work. The question is : What process use all processor ?

Jerome
shaoming
Questions on drivers compatible with GMFC
September 07, 2009 03:41PM
Hi,

I am new in this area and i would like to seek some help.
Can I know what are some of the drivers (other than MM2001) that are compatible with GMFC?
I read that there is a need to introduce a timer module if the drivers are not MM2001. Can you help clarify on this?

Thanks in advance

Rgds,
Shaoming
Re: Questions on drivers compatible with GMFC
September 07, 2009 06:20PM
Hi,

If your cnc board doesn't have timer, you can use Jedicut. If you buy an additional board with a timer, you can use Jedicut too, and GMFC.

Jerome
Shaoming
Re: Questions on drivers compatible with GMFC
September 08, 2009 06:27AM
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the prompt reply! I will use Jedicut to spare me the hassle of getting a timer module. Thank you again for your help

Shaoming
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Aeropassion

Paris en photo | Design by Le Flaketou, création de site internet

Phorum