Aeropassion's homepage
Aeropassion's parteners :
Posted by suri 
Problem with DXF
November 23, 2010 03:34PM
I can not import any DXF file into Jedicut. I tried out Corel X3 and the Alibre. I also tried downloaded profiles from web. What is the correct format? I have Jedicut version 2.2.2. Please help. Thank you.
DAN
Re: Problem with DXF
February 16, 2011 05:20AM
Hi I,am having the same problem. I tried DXFr12 in autocad, but it didn't work so I tried all the DXF in autocad.still didn't work. does anyone have a solution. DAN
June 03, 2011 04:22PM
It seems that Jerome has successfully imported the .dxf format from an old OEM version of CorelDraw. If we knew which version of Corel this was, and what Autocad version of .dxf it outputs, we might be able to mimic this with other software.

For instance A9Converter:

A9converter

Also another possible problem is not knowing the steps are needed to input a .dxf into Jedicut properly.

Do we do that when we first open Jedicut? Or later when choosing a profile? And what do we see when we do successfully import it? Are we switched into profile view? Or is the imported .dxf available to pick as a profile, like an airfoil?

Without understanding how to import the .dxf, or what happens when we do, or what actions we are supposed to perform, we may just not be doing it right.

Perhaps it is properly importing, and we just don't know it.

If we could get these things clarified, I'd be happy to write up a Help section for using it.
June 14, 2011 03:51PM
Hello,

I worked on DXF R12 specification. I'm actually working on a new solution more powerful with the new plugin architecture. I first work on classic format like dat to validate the soluton with Jedicut and after that, I will work on dxf compatibility.

Jerome
July 27, 2011 05:33AM
Jerome,

would it be possible for you to post a .dxf file here that does import successfully into Jedicut, so that we can examine its content, and then compare it with the Autocad 12 files we can't get to work.

Maybe the problem is something very simple, like a header change. We could then fix our files and get Jedicut to accept them.

I know you are working on more elegant solutions for the future , but many of us really need to cut a DXF object right now. If the problem is something simple, we should be able to spot it in the file.

Thanks!
August 05, 2011 06:39PM
Hello !

I worked on a new dxf plugin aller this week. I will post a new Jedicut beta release on the next days. Maybe be are you interesting to test it ?

This solution is more powerfull and complete than the last one winking smiley

Jerome
hornet20
December 17, 2011 11:19PM
I have the similar problem, I use last version of jedicut with plugin for DXF. When I try open any files, in open window I can use only *.jdc *.jdp *.prf *.dat v0.1. My jedicut don't see any other files in open window.
I donwload the jedicut in zipfile on pendrive, now I can open dxf on one coputer, but when I use it (the same pendrive) in home computer, dxf in jedicut dont work sad smiley
Jerome, could you tell me if I should install diffrent aplication,plugins etc ??
December 18, 2011 07:02PM
Hello !

It's not the same problem because you use the new solution, more powerful when it works...

What version of windows do you use ? Can you post a sample of dxf file you try to open with Jedicut ?

Jerome
hornet20
December 18, 2011 11:20PM
I use windows XP with sp3. Update sample of dxf is not nesesery, I can't open any dxf files, because in open window (file / open) I can't choice DXF type. Of course then I cant see any dxf files.
When I used jedicut without dll-patch I cant choice the dxf file, only .jdc *.jdp *.prf *.dat. Now, when I have dll patch when I try open the file I can choice file type: .jdc *.jdp *.prf and diffrent *.dat V0.1
I think dll patch works, but no sufficient.
December 19, 2011 07:54AM
When you install Jedicut with it setup file you don't see *.dxf, and when you copy ALL dll files available with the zip file, you also don't see it ?

I have a win xp sp3. I'll try it again tonight or tomorrow.

Jerome
hornet20
December 19, 2011 11:07PM
I have installed jedicut two years ago. I don't know what is it, because I uinstall jedicut on my home compyter, an delete all register and file in "my documents". When I download last version of jedicut (zip file) on pendrive I can use dxf on my laptop (without LPT unfortunatelly), but on home computer DXF don't work. It really doesn't metter if you don'tknow it, mayby reinstall windows system can repair this problem, because I try use Jedicut on few coputers - DXF file can be opened on every copmuters... without my home coputer sad smiley
December 21, 2011 08:58AM
Hello,

Can I send you a little apps by email in order to test dxf plugins on your home computer ?

It should be a system problem but it's very difficult to find its origin.

Jerome
Another Problem with DXF
December 21, 2011 04:35PM
Hello Jerome,

I have a problem with . dxf files.

If i .dxf Files used as a profile, i will see me shot in the sectional view of the profile wing tip to 180 °.

I change the .dxf in .dat everything is ok.

Regards, Manfred
December 21, 2011 08:59PM
Can you post your dxf file on this forum ? I'm not sure to understand...

Jerome
hornet20
December 21, 2011 10:14PM
"Can I send you a little apps by email in order to test dxf plugins on your home computer ?" - of course, hornet20@poczta.fm

"It should be a system problem but it's very difficult to find its origin." - I think so, thats why reinstall windows system is easyer solution.

Thx
December 22, 2011 02:12AM
Jerome
Can you post your dxf file on this forum ? I'm not sure to understand...

Hello Jerome,

the problem lies in the DXF plugin.
When the read to be .dxf not be read with the coordinates,
so the profile is always above the zero line.
My CAD software can only convert to DXF R14.

Regards, Manfred
December 22, 2011 08:59AM
If you don't want to share dxf sample can you attach a screen capture of Jedicut because I'm not sure to understand.

It's not a problem for Jedicut if all the profile is above the zero line winking smiley

Jerome
December 22, 2011 02:07PM
Jerome
If you don't want to share dxf sample can you attach a screen capture of Jedicut because I'm not sure to understand.

It's not a problem for Jedicut if all the profile is above the zero line winking smiley

Here a test in the Attach

Manfred
Attachments:
open | download - test.zip (84.2 KB)
December 26, 2011 07:57PM
Hello Jerome,

your Jedicut works very well!

The problem was with me,
I had to first learn how Jedicut the dxf reads.
I also had not paid attention to the correct machine parameters.
After I have now learned, I come with Jedicut very along well!
Still a nice Christmas dinner and an healthy 2012!

Regards, Manfred
December 26, 2011 09:33PM
Here my first cut!!

Best regards Manfred

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 08:40AM by Jerome.
December 27, 2011 08:41AM
Thanks for your return.

Have a happy new year and nice cuts winking smiley

Jerome
January 07, 2012 09:10AM
hornet20,

MAES found a solution for another computer under XP. On this computer Jedicut don't see dxf files. MAES install this Windows update :
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21

And now it's ok. Can you try ?

Jerome
Jan
January 30, 2012 01:59AM
Hello,

Confirmed.
I had the same problem (an option to open .dxf file was not avaible). I have installed the indicated file (Net Framework 3.5) and now it is OK.
I can import dxf files without any problem.

Jan
January 31, 2012 08:50PM
Thanks for your return winking smiley

Jerome
Hornet20
February 01, 2012 05:45PM
It's obwies that...
I dont remember about I have netframework on laptop computer. I installed it with some softwere.
I reinstalled windows at home computer, becouse I wanted to open dxf file in jedicut. I installed win XP with sp3 but it stll doesn't work.
Today I add the netframework... Jerome, it work !!! smiling smiley
THX !!!
February 02, 2012 02:03PM
Hello,

Framework 3.5 is not part of MS-XP-SP3.
Framework 3.5 will be used from MS-Vista.
Framework is a virtual machine similar to Java.
Framwork is actually for. NET used applications.

If a software under MS-Vista and MS-W7created
has on the PC running the software, the same
framework may be present.

When you create a software framework that can usually
be chosen for other systems to be compatible.

Manfred
Robert Mandic
January 21, 2013 10:10AM
Hallo, Manfred !

Ich habe auch Probleme mit DXF Import. Wieviel ich sehe, Dir ist das gelungen (Hetty).

Ich würde gerne die ganze Problematik mit Dir durchsprechen, aber mein Englisch ist noch schlechter als Deutsch.

Wenn Du Lust hast, schicke mir eine E-Mail.

Gruß aus Kroatien Robert

rmandic38@gmail.com
January 21, 2013 02:28PM
You can use concord from Martin Heperle to convert almost anything to anything:

http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/software.htm
yahoo smiley
wev
January 04, 2014 05:13PM
Hi evrybody
at first I was problems with the DXF import in Jedicut version 2.3.2 on pc winxp sp3. With win7 and win8.1 it worked, because I had the Adobe PDF reader installed which comes with some as DXF support. And behold, also pdf reader installed on win xp Sp3 and it works.
January 13, 2014 09:00AM
Thanks for this tips smileys with beer

Jerome
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Aeropassion

Paris en photo | Design by Le Flaketou, création de site internet

Phorum