Problems with the stepper boards

Hi Jerome,
I found many questions because problems with stepper boards.

I constructed boards with the IC L297 and L298. And it works well with Jedicut 2.2.2

One who likes to get the wiring diagram and layout may contac me (laubenheimerATt-online.de).

But I have a problem with XaverTroniC USB-adapter. Loading the PIC-brenner for PIC18F4550 from www.sprut.de/electronic/soft/p18/p18.htm with bootloader.exe works. But my PC will not recognize the USB-adapter.

who can help me?

Re: Problems with the stepper boards

Hallo Jerome

Now I have my first wings cutted with Jedicut 2.2.2 using parallel port and stepper motor controllers with L297 and L298 (I posted the diagram to you). Some features of Jedicut are beyond me. Does no matter.

The controllers use the ports 2-8, 2-9 and 17. No extern frequenz timer (the timing for the steps come from PC) and manual heating.

My problem is the USB-adapter. As written above I constructed the Sprut Programmer Board and was able to load as well the bootloader_Sprut.hex as the XavTroniC.hex.

With mchpusb.sys I loaded then xt_adapt_SA_V1.2.hex but also xt_adapt_MM_V2a.hex. I tried both: XavierHID.dll and MaxComXP.dll (latest works with parallel port).

No of all cobinations worked. I got only hi on port 17.

Have you an explantion?

Thank you

Juergen (Nickname:Laubi)

Hello,

I think Xavier share 2 firmwares : one for board like MM2001 with external timer, and another for board without external timer. Do you try to contact Xavier on his website ?

The only dll you have to test is Xavier HID.dll.

I don't understand your message : do you use the Xavtronic PCB board or another ?

If you want to share your creation, you can send me an email with explanation and photos and I will publish it on Aeropassion.
Jerome

Thanks for your answer
I use the board described in "USB-MM2001-implantation.pdf" respectively "USB-MM2001-schema.pdf".
I have no idea how to include a timer (intern or extern). As I said the PC makes the steps for moving the motors (Vorschub=20000). That works on parallel port.

How can I contact Xavier's website? I found only pages in French and don't know how to register or contact him otherwise.

Do you mean with "creation" the motor controller? OK, you will get by email.

Laubi

Hello,
on www.xavtronic.ch I am asked "Identifiant" and "Mot de passe". I don't what I should write there.

In forums is often to read one shoud use an external timer. For what reason? And how to realize?

Now, I have programmed the PIC of XavTroniC with Spruts board (www.sprut.de), and windows hardware manager shows in USB-HID "path 0 USB http://www.xavtronic.ch". So I think to got it right. I used xtc_adapt_MM_V2a.hex at the window "MICROCHIP".
I got the message "Programming FLSH Completed"

But on running Jedicut 2.2.2 I get errors "pas de machine" or "Erreur dans l'envoi des données". On the other hand the program Jedicut runs on parallel ports very well.

Thanks Juergen
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);