chord problems

Hi all,
Finally I got new motors and most of the problems disappeared. Just one that I'm not finding a way to solve. When I started cutting wing (around 30 days ago!) I was changing the amount of heat in each cut. The result was that each wing had a size, even if I did one cut following the other. Now I fixed the heating amount and I have a good reproducibility among several cuts( as long as I do not change measures). Now the problem that I am facing is. If I want a wing with 7" chord (17,78 cm) the result is a panel with a little more of 5" (12.7 cm). What I am doing wrong) I tested both axes and they are travelling with high precision. If I tell the machine 100 mm I am getting 0,1 mm error. I do not know what parameter should I change in jedicut to account for this difference. I do not know how to compensate for the kerf. Could somebody help me?
Alfredo

Re: chord problems

Hi Manfred, I will try to cut the rectangle tomorrow. Today I did another wing cut using the same profile. I asked for a cord of 204,5 mm and got a wing with 180mm of chord. Another observation is that the hot wire follows the path as predicted. At the end of the cut it accelerates so I can tel the position of the end of the cut. The problem is that it seems that the heat kind of "invades"the space of the cut already made. Let me explain better: If I cut the intrado first and this is followed by the extrado cut it seems the both lines get together sooner than it must. The extrado line intercepts the intrado before it were expected to end.
I'll try the rectangle. Can I change dimensions to see how the machine keeps proportions?
Best regards
Alfredo

HI Manfred

I finish cutting the rectangle just now. I change dimensions to 30 mm by 9 mm and the results are: The outside of the cut measures 30,59 by 8.99 mm. The inner part measures 27.1 by 6.54 mm. Since what I need is the inner part of the cut I think that I´ll have to change some parameter to correct the dimensions. Look´s like the cut is realy close at the out side of the heated wire. How can I compensate for the part of foam that is melted by the wire.
Thanks for your example. It shows that the mechanics are good now. I just have to find a way to compensate for the melted foam.
Best regards
Alfredo]
P.S. I will try the skin properties and see what happens.

Hi Manfred, success at least! Finally I found that I have to use 2mm of skin thickness. I already cut 2 center panels. I am trying to build the terminatos hlg.
Look's like that after your help I will succeed in this build.
I am 56 years old and this is my first adventure in model planes.
Thank you for all the help that you gave me.
Alfredo

Alfredo,

i think, your parameter in config maschine "step to mm" is not correct.

You have to calculate (pitch/steps) , pitch from the threaded you have for the axis,
steps for the motor you used.
You have to look, which parameter the steps for Motor is configured, (half-step. and so on)
These steps you must insert in the calculate for the "step to mm".

Manfred
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);