Alignment of fuselage

Hi,

I am starting to design my next build - a P-51 mustang. I know there are some cut files out there, but I want to design my own.

The plan is to cut the skin of the airplane using a sectional view (see section.png).
I am not sure i fully understand the configuration in Jedicut. If for example i want to start with the top left part of the section (see the blue marked rectangles in f1f2.png).

How do I make sure that the profile is aligned like in the 3D model. The easy part is setting the chord distance according to the plans (see dimension.png).
I set the chord like in the attachment chord.ong.

How do i set the the distance between the center of each profile? (see offset.png). I need this distance to be 3.5 mm.

I am have also attached the JDC file.

Thanks,
Rony

Files deleted :
section.png
dimension.png
f1f2.png
chord.png
offset.png
f1-2tl.jdc

Re: Alignment of fuselage

Happy new year for all in this amazing forum. I learned a lot last year just by reading comments and instructions. For now I have two pair of wings, that were cut with JEDICUT and it's performance is amazing. Hours of funs! Now I'm trying to cut a fuselage for my DLG. The idea was draw two rectangles in autocad, save them as .dxf and using one for the middle of fuselage and the other one to the end of fuse. I made two files and opened it in jedicut. When I send to cut the machine went crazy and the shape that I got was more like a twisted sausage instead a smooth cylinder. Even when I try to preview the kreis.jdc from MAES it does not looks right. I was expecting that in the preview both drawings ( for x1 and x2) were aligned. It shows the drawings misaligned. Can some one tell me how can I cut a cylinder with different diameter in one side to another?
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);