Re: CPX file type

The structure of the file is very simple.
It's like a DAT file that includes both sides of the profile. See the attached c.png sceenshot of two halfs of the fuselage. Both parts where layed in order to be cut at once.
See the attached t.zip with the CPX file of this part.
The important feature of the Complexes program is, that it allows you to match each point (like using key points in Jedicut) but with an easier UI.

When I tried doing it in Jedicut using a lot of key points (see attached cycle.png), I goot an error (see attached error.png). I also attached t.jdc for this example.

I dont know what is the internal algorithm of Jedicut and how it tries to match the profiles (maybe by minimum angle?), but If we can import this CPX file into Jedicut and Jedicut will use these both profile points (1-1.....323-323), it will allow us to create a very big cutting job of all parts (the whole fuselage).

What do you think?
Fichiers joints
error.png error.png Vu 5653 fois 66.14 Kio
c1.png c1.png Vu 5653 fois 154.71 Kio
cycle.png cycle.png Vu 5653 fois 43.46 Kio

Hello,

I will look at this file format. If it's simple, I will program a new plugin for Jedicut.

I think I have a solution for your key point problem. I took a look at your screenshots, and the error seems to be simple to solve.

Open your cycle.png screenshot : you add 22 key points on wing root. If you click on "Wing Tip", how many point do you add ?
The error message tell us that Jedicut don't find the same number of key points on wing root and on wing tip.

If you add your 22 key point on wing tip, the error message should disappear ;)

Merry Christmas :)-D
Jerome

I have the same number of key points. If I add/remove a point from the tip, a different error message (in English) is displayed which says that the number of key points is different from the root.

My question is:
If I use 2 DAT files with the same number of points (for example 500+ points), and these profiles include many curves and steep angles. Will Jedicut use these points for the path "AS IS".

Will Jedicut cut point 51 in the wing root DAT and point 51 on the wing tip DAT at the same time?

Thanks,
Rony

Hello,

Yes, Jedicut use it "as is". Jedicut can't know how to cut profiles, and there is a simple rule when you cut a wing : you start the cut in the same time on wing root and on wing tip.

For complex shapes, Jedicut offers key points. The hot wire will be at the same time on key point "1" on wing root and on key point "1" of the wing tip. If there isn't the same point number on each side of your cut, Jedicut can't know how to synchronize points on each side.

Do you understand ? It's not easy to explain, and my english is so bad...

Can you attach a jdc file you want to cut, the one where you have the error message telling that you don't have the same number of key points ?
Jerome

Thank you for your quick response.
Your English is very good - At least as good as me understanding English ::lol::

the file t.jdc is in the beginning of this thread.

I fully understand the concept of key points, but if I am to cut a very big project, I don't want to use this option because it's hard to match the number of points without labels- but rather load two DAT files with the same number of points and do the matching in the CAD system.

How does Jedicut cut different profiles without key points?. Does Jedicut use interpolation ( something like max(x) - min(x)/number of points or number of points per angle (0,45,90) etc..)

Regards,
Rony

Hello,

What kind of "label" do you like to see in Jedicut ?

Without keypoints, Jedicut calculate the numbers of steps between each points on side 1 (axis X1 and Y1), and the number of steps between each points on side 2 (axis X2 and Y2). After that, Jedicut do a mix with all this steps to start and stop the cutting on both side at the same time.

If you use same profiles but with different size on side 1 and side 2, you should not have to use "key points".
Jerome
`); }); })(jQuery, window, document, phpbb);